THE BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
- Telephones are becoming more sophisticated. Customers are expecting no telephone interruptions. Equipment manufacturers are
requiring higher standards of training and inventory support to protect
warrantees and reputations. The result is high and growing standards demanded
for the certification of dealers such as Voice Path Convergence Group.
- If there is a problem with either software or hardware, if a specialized
engineer or technician is required to supplement the dealer, only an accredited dealer can
receive the required support.
- All telephone equipment is tested prior to shipping to the dealer. If it is
defective or becomes defective in unusual circumstances, it is replaced without
charge from the manufacturer. In the grey market, one is facing potentially
untested equipment putting in jeopardy the functioning of the telephone system
as well as legal issues about unauthorized infringement of intellectual property
rights, and pirating of licenses.
- Warrantees and licenses are available only from authorized dealers as recognized by telephone equipment manufacturers. They
are non transferable.
- As telephones are becoming more sophisticated, manufacturers have developed measures to make upgrades seamless and cost
effective. There is little long-term value to buy a cheap Edsel-like telephone
system, with much to consider in buying compatible equipment as needed, trading
in existing equipment that has value.
- Current telephone technology combine voice and data on one line. This is possible because voice can now digitized. The result
is a dramatic increase in benefits to a company from the telephone including no
long distance charges, (use the Internet) and far better internal and external
communications because the data on one’s computer can be sent over hard or soft
phones that are either fixed or mobile. Telephone manufacturers feel that the
digitization of telephones will soon allow telephones to match the contribution
of computers to business success. If one is putting more and more of their eggs
in one basket to increase efficiencies and communications, it is prudent to deal
with someone who is approved to deal with baskets. In business we all deal with
basket cases, but that should never apply to your telephone system, the
lifeblood of a company.
Ensure your Provider is Authorized!
Hubbell Canada Inc.